Ikea Hack : How to Glamourize Ikea's Nyttja Picture FrameThursday, November 26, 2015
WHAT YOU NEED* foam brush (optional)
* paint (spray paint is better)
* self-adhesive gemstones (i've used gold)
* metallic pen (in gold)
* glitter glue
* old magazines or newspapers to protect your floor while painting
- I have removed the contents of the picture frame : the glazing, photo, and the backing board and then spray painted the frame with gold. This is to cover the bright blue color of the picture frame as well as to cover the gaps during the application of the self-adhesive gemstones.
- While waiting for the gold spray paint to dry, I then cut the cardstock to the size of my frame, drew a simple heart art on the cardstock using the gold metallic pen and then glamourize it with the gold glitter glue on top.
- Once it's dry, it's time to accessorized it with the the self-adhesive gemstones.
- I then placed the contents of the frame back as well as my customized heart art and then viola! It's looks lovely on my living room.